Sunday, December 5, 2010

Would You Wanna?

         I've always wanted to know what it would be like to view myself from someone else's perspective. Honestly, I would like to know how my siblings see me, my four year old's that I teach, my friends, and my crushes. I know it sounds ridiculously stupid, but for whatever reason the satisfaction of how I view myself just isn't enough. I know that we're human and I'm sure at least one other person on this planet has thought of it too. And I don't even want to see myself for longer than a day. A day is enough for a first impression of myself. Sounds odd, giving myself a first impression of myself. It's the truth though.
         Man,just thinking about what I would love to say but won't because this is on the internet. Diaries are good for that kind of stuff. Or "journaling" for a more sophisticated term. You can vent through and through and know your secrets won't go anywhere, except possibly bleed through the pages. But they're your thoughts, your events, your life. It's all supposed to bleed together at some point anyway. Hence, the title of my blog. Well, sort of. I guess. God knows my thoughts though, and I'm okay with that. It's crazy when you start thinking about thinking. This blog is going to be a blast if it manages to stimulate my mind this much.      
          Switching tracks. I guess you should deserve to know why I am writing a blog. I am addicted to facebook. It's terrible. So I'm on the internet/facebook enough that it's like my refrigerator, I keep refreshing it hoping something changes and it normally doesn't. I have a problem. So to ween myself off of facebook, I figured I could do something more constructive with my time. Blogging seemed like a good solution. Why aren't you writing in a diary you may ask? It's because my laptop is like crack to me. We can be separated but it has to be replaced with something better. It takes a lot to convince myself that good old fashioned pen and paper is more constructive. Probably because I associate it with school.
          However, I do love reading. So I suppose I will keep you updated on which books I finished. I just finished Go Ask Alice a second time. It doesn't scare me as much as it did the first time I read it. But it most definitely puts life into perspective. How much people desire to live, but fall into sin that they know harms their life and they slowly begin to live in fear, which I feel is not living at all. It also reminded me how death can truly scare people. I've never been afraid per say. I know I will die and go to heaven and I am STOKED for that, but it saddens me how people are scared of it, and it swoops up on them like a bird on its prey. Each death is a part of His puzzle. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment